Is there such a thing as a hidden pregnancy?

Ok,I'm an educated female.
Know,how a baby is made & my doctor has been aware i have been trying.
My cycles are regular.
Well i have not been feeling good.
Have went to the doctor several times.
They said after many blood & urine tests,exam.
It must be a virus.
Well finally,i'm like ok i'm gaining weight & so on..
I took a test on the off chance i was since the doctor weeks ago felt that was not the reason,showed i was then i went elsewhere and find out i'm 15 weeks already.
Has anyone never known they were until way later and did it cause any health effects to the baby due to prenatal care delays?
I told my doctor and she is like oh,must of just happened,yea 15 weeks ago,she was speechless,than said she could not longer be my doctor.
Her reasons for the drop of care with no notice or referrals..
I'm high risk since i'm an older, first time mother,i'm in my 30's,otherwise healthy.
Any advice,simi

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This isn't a personal experience for me, but an acquaintance of mine was not aware she was pregnant until 36 weeks - true story. It took a 2nd opinion from another doctor, who told her to go to the hospital immediately, because her water had broken and she was about to have a baby. :-P Scary, really.

Anyway, long story short...her baby was perfectly healthy. Some women don't find out they are pregnant until 15 weeks or so, so don't feel worried. :) You can start taking care of yourself right away by getting into regular prenatal appts, eating well and taking prenatal vitamins. I would be furious with my doctor if I were you, but that's a whole 'nother barrel of apples. Haha.

Congratulations! :) :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thanks for the advice:>)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My aunt actally did know she was pregnant and she got her period ontill she finally missed it and was 5 months pregnant and my cousin is now a perfectly happy 3 year old:) good luck and congrats!
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 7:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My mom was not diagnosed pregnant with me until six months (only through u/s). She "knew" at 2 months, but the doctors kept telling her she wasn't, her blood and urine tests were BOTH negative. She had me at 37.5 years old, 18 years (she was already a grandmother) AFTER my premature sister (she turned out okay) and TWO m/c's, was told she could NEVER get pregnant again, obviously not. I was born 9lbs 1oz (babies in our family are 8-12lbs) full term and competely healthy. I think as long as you haven't engaged in any reckless behavior (like HEAVY drinking or drugs) i think you have little to worry about, AND what matters the most is what you do from NOW on, eating healthy, taking your vitamins etc. congrats and TRY not to worry
    Aniyunwiya

Answer by Aniyunwiya at 8:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It sounds like your doctor actually dropped you because she violated your trust. Patients have to trust their doctors and how could you ever go on trusting he when she go something so completely wrong?? You may have a bit of a higher risk factor, but modern medicine in the US can pretty much get you through all of the risks with the proper care. Good luck and Congrats!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My best friend hid he pregnancy for 7 months just where bigger cloths she always wore big coats and stuff like that
    Everettsmom163

Answer by Everettsmom163 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have a friend who kept getting negative tests after negative test but knew she was pregnant. She went to the health dept would pee on the stick and they would say no your not pregnant. So she went in for her yearly pap at the health dept they checked her out and gave her a pelvic and still insisted she wasn't preg. Another  friend of hers told her to go to her ob and he did a pelvic just 2 weeks after her pelvic at the health dept and while doing it got a strange look on his face. He took blood ordered a u/s and there was her 22 week old fetus on the screen! For some reason something in her urine was masking the hcg hormone. She had a healthy full term very large baby that required a c section.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I didnt find out I was pregnant and get to a dr til i was 21week this time and theysay she is fine. We will find out in 29 days!!! I'm sure you will be fine. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Some women don't produce enough of the pregnancy hormone until farther along . I was pregnant with twins and I knew it but my test did not turn positive until I was about 4-5 months along . Same thing with my other 2 kids !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My niece lost 12 lbs during her pregnancy.I am serious. SHe never ever looked pregnant. She is a big girl. Her baby weighed 5 lbs and she never gained an ounce. Crazy pregnancy........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2008