Are men incapable of looking for an object themselves?

I am at work and my hubby texts me "Where are the toenail clippers" I respond "Look in the bathroom drawer labeled "nail care" "

He messages me a few minutes later "I don't see them in there, any other idea as to where they would be?"

Really???? If they are not where they should be then how the fvck am I going to help you find them while I am at work. (I did not respond back, I just ignored)

Then he texts me again "Do you think they could be in the other bathroom?"

I think to myself.... How the hell do I know? I AM NOT AT HOME!!!! GO LOOK FOR THEM YOURSELF

Again, I did not respond to stupidity.

But really.... this is not an uncommon type of occurrence with my husband. My previous husband did the same type of things.

I really don't know how men survive without us women.

superclutz

Asked by superclutz at 1:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah they think we're equipped with a GPS homing device inside our uterus telling us the location of every object we own, it's fuckin ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• My hubby will move something to where he thinks it should be and when he can't find it, he will ask me where it is. I'm like, I didn't move it ... YOU did. What did YOU do with it?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• LMAO! You're so right! I have 3 brothers, 2 sons and of course hubby and they're all clueless! I tell my sons if I have to get up to find something and it's where I told them it would be there would be repurcussions, clean bathroom, vaccum etc. Seemed to help a little. Your post made me laugh! Thank God it's not just me!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i think it has to do w/ their moms finding everything for them when they were kids. girl kids do the same thing, but when we become moms we realize how obnoxious it is when everyone thinks we know where everything is...men never have to learn that.

either that or they just arent as smart as us :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel! Just last week my husband something really similar;
    it was like 1:30am, I had been in bed for like 20 minutes so I was warm and comfortable and I hear him stomping around the house and slamming stuff around, this goes on for like 10 minutes then he comes in the bedroom all pissy and gets in bed without saying a word. He lays there and sighs really loud like 3x then I finally ask what's wrong. He couldn't find his phone charger. I'm like, "Really??" so I get up, go out in the livingroom, and right there on the foot stool is his damn charger.

Men would be lost without women!
    Matthewsx3mommy

Answer by Matthewsx3mommy at 1:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• HAHA yes my hubby does all the time...its never cute....lol
    raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 1:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Lol @ Mathewsx3mommy!
    Anonymous

• Matthewsx3mommy- Oh I know what your husband is doing. He is creating a scene so you get your ass out of bed and make it all better for him.

He gave up after 10 minutes of looking in the dumbest of places. You, you my dear are an intelligent woman. You know exactly where to look. I bet that if you were still laying in bed while he was giving the world the silent treatment over his missing cell phone charger and you asked him if he checked the footstool; he would have said "Yeah, duh!, I am not an idiot"
    superclutz

Comment by superclutz (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• ROFL!!! I just went through this very thing this morning except something i needed that my hubby was supposed to put back in its place wasn't there OF course!!! I was getting madder by the minute let me tell you. He kept texting me ""i can't remember where I put it"". I cant remember...I'm like how many places can you put a filter for the swimming pool?????? Ugh...I turned house and garage upside down and never did find it but he swears it's there where it should be but he doesn't know exactly where that is???. Grrrrrrrrr! I wanted to punch one of those big red clown noses so bad!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• rolling on floorLOLOL...you guys are too funny!   Ahhhh...I neeeded a good laugh.  I really did. It's so true...OP--I can't get over that he actually texted you to ask you if they were in the other bathroom.when he just could have went to look in there....LOLOL...MEN, omgod...

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2011