Do you need major help w money, bills, saving you and your SO?

do you over spend? does your SO pay for a tinting job on his car when you dont have a pair of sneakers? do your kids spend their allonowce as soon as they get it and get out the door because they grew up seeing you do this. do you order out more than twice a week and find yourself having to ask friends for gas money to get through the rest of your work week? do you ever sit back and do your check book and go wtf happened to it all? a simple yes or we are good w that will do. you dont have to share all your personal money buz...:}

dancingthrulife

Asked by dancingthrulife at 1:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• My DH handles all the bills. He's very knowledgeable and thrifty, but also giving and generous!

turtldov

Answer by turtldov at 1:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• hmm thnx i guess simplicity... just asking a few ? today. i dont work for anyone..
    dancingthrulife

Comment by dancingthrulife (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We can afford necessities. We have debt from h before marriage that we are still paying off. It won't be long though
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 2:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We seriously used to have all these problems. I got sick of feeling sick about our money situation and I started reading all these financial self help books. I got hooked on Dave Ramsey, we did the Total Money Makeover (that's the name of his book, which you can check out for free at the library) and we got rid of all our unnecessary bills, paid off all our debt, paid off our cars, etc. Now we are debt free and paying down our mortgage like crazy. There also a great Dave Ramsey group on here.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• yes
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We are good for the most part. There are times when I wish I didn't have the psychological issues I do, or that my DH wasn't freaking addicted to the livestock auction, but there are worse things in the world, and really, I can't blame my DH for bringing home less fortunate animals- he has a big heart!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Ibudget my money and try to cut costs wherever I can. When I can reduce or cut somethng out, that extra money then transfers to the savings line of my budget. I do not buy things we don't need if we don't have the money. If I want something bad enough, I save for it, even if it's a tiny bit at a time. My Dad was very good about teaching us good financial habits and I hope to instill the same in my children.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We are good.

Answer by missanc at 9:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Nope. The only debt we have is our car payments and we have a decent amount in our savings acct. This month was crazy because all of my kids have birthdays in June and my son needed $375 in dental work so we actually had to dip into the savings but when I get my VA money and my husband gets paid on the first, we are putting a lot back in the savings acct.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Nope, if we don't have the cash for it we don't buy it. We pay our self first what ever is left that's it.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 2:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011