How much to start to charge for cleaning a house or office?

Is it best to charge by the hour or flat rate per room or the job?

thomoyaec

Asked by thomoyaec at 1:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I recently started my own cleaning business. I charge 15.00 per hour and they supply the cleaning materials.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Or you can do a flat rate of $50 per house. More if the house is bigger.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I live in a town that is about 80,ooo people. The going rate here is 20 + an hour. Hardly anybody charges less than that. Charge less for the first few months, then raise it. Get experience first.
    ferrellmt

Answer by ferrellmt at 2:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It definately depends on where u live!! I use to charge 30 dollars an hour becuz i lived in California. But every state is different. You need to be competitive and find out what other businesses charge! So if they charge 15 bucks an hour, you charge 14 or buy first 2 hours, get half an hour free or something like that! But research the average in your area so u know what u are talking about when pitching a business! and also, if u charge per "the job" take into consideration how often, how far away, and windows cost more, drive time etc! Once a week, 5 days a week or 2 times a month, u can bill them accordingly! Good luck!
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 7:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• 10 If really need to make the cash bad. Then maybe add on other customers for 15 an hour
    Rydersmommy616

Answer by Rydersmommy616 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• 75.00 a day
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Per hour
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2011