Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Help with my daughter and how to get her home with out the drama

my daughter is 4 she has lived with her grandmother for 3 years of her life i tried to pick her up 2 years ago an her father threaten to hit me if i took her i was scared now he calls my phone and tells me he is tired of taking care of her and shes not his his mother wont let me come get her she lives with her i am ready for her to come home what should i do i live in ohio i never gave up my right his mother always ask me to but i always wanted my little girl to be with me i just have always been scared and what would they say since she has lived with them for so long an there is a possibility that she is not his he and his family said they didn't want a test she doesn't live with him but i want he to come home if he us not treatin her good she needs to be home please help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (9)
  • Get a lawyer.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 2:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • Call the cops and ask for assitance while you get her from the grandmas. Simple. Your her mother, the father wants you to have her....simple lol. Get help with the cops.

    Answer by MissyNewMama at 2:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • Call the police - tell them you have custody and they won't let you get her. Explain the situation. Do not let fear get in the way here. Toughen up and fight. You have already missed out on enough of her life. It seems odd you didn't fight this sooner. Why did you even let her go for a full year before all of this happened? These are somethings that they might want to know......something doesn't seem right.

    Answer by LeJane at 2:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • Get a lawyer. This is not a straight-forward custody issues.

    Answer by desert_diva at 2:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • Just be prepared that if you ask the police for help they'll likely want to see the court paperwork that says you're allowed to have her. I would suggest contacting a lawyer or the police for assistance.

    Answer by tspillane at 2:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • Thanks for all the advice

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • Go get your baby mama before grandma figures out how to keep her for good.

    Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • Do you have a very close relationship with her? How often have you seen her in the last 3 years? If her grandmother has been raising her, then she likely considers HER to be Mama, and there needs to be a long transition plan. Why does she live with her grandma in the first place? I understand that you want her home, but why have you allowed her to be away from home for 3/4 of her life?

    Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

  • Did I understand you to say that you haven't seen her in 2 years? Do you live near her grandma? I'm only asking these questions because the answers will effect my reply.

    Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.