Okay My Name Is Tiara And Im 16 Years Old My Birthday Is July 22 ! Im 2 Months Pregnant Btt No One In My Family Knows That I Am. Im Really Scared To Tell My Mom. I Am The Middle Child. I Have 4 Older Siblings And 4 Little Ones. I Finish High school Early Because I Went To Night School And Wanna Start College Early. I Feel Like I Disappointed My Mom. I Think She Knows Cause All She Talks About Are Teenage Mothers when She Is Around Me. I Just Dont Know What To Do.

TiaraBruessard

Asked by TiaraBruessard at 2:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You might have disappointed mom, but it is not the end of the world, you need to sit down with her calmly and tell her what is going on, you need guidance and support, tell her this also. Good luck!!!

Answer by older at 2:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• When I got pregnant I was scared to tell my mum too and she was a little upset but not disappointed in me even if I thought she was. She just worried for me. But I told her, she supported me in what decision I made and I decided to keep the pregnancy and she and my daughter are the best buds in the world. Don't be scared, she will learn to accept whatever decision you decide.
    shar-hulk

Answer by shar-hulk at 2:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• She may be disapointed at first but the air will clear eventually. You'll feel better after you tell her.
    mrsbrittbishop

Answer by mrsbrittbishop at 2:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Let her know. She will probably be upset but end the end, she will find out anyways.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 2:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You need her support, it could be worse. Just be direct and get it over with. At 1st she may give you an earful, but she will come around. Expect her to be angry and shocked at 1st. It is a normal reaction. If you had a daughter that was in your situation, would you want to know? It will all work out in the end... Good Luck
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You need to let her know...maybe you could have a trusted friend or family member with you when you tell her to help give you comfort?
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I am a mom of 3 girls, all under 9. Yes, she will be disappointed in you, but more than anything she'll be disappointed FOR you, and there's a big difference. Being a mom is the hardest job you'll ever have and I'm 34. I was 25 and out of college when I had my first and looking back I still don't think I was ready, lol. But it's not impossible and it's also the greatest job you'll ever have. Please tell your mom tonight. She will want to know this and have time to process this info instead of springing it on her with a month to go. And you need her support too. The sooner you tell her the better, I promise. Everything is going to be ok.
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• congrats on graduating hs that is a amazing accomplishment :) as far as your mom goes she loves you no matter what you are her daughter and any good mother wont turn her back on her child :) Im not saying that this is going to be easy but its better to let it out and tell her you will feel better and then the both of you can plan on what to do with the upcoming bundle of joy good luck :)
    jessi28817

Answer by jessi28817 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• First of all I think it is very hypocritical for parents to allow children birth control but get ticked about teenage pregnancy. There is no 100% effective birth control but abstinence, so it's bound to happen eventually. Your mother may be disappointed at first, but being a grandparent, I can tell you that it's one of the most wonderful feelings in the world. Although my girls were much older than you, I would have welcomed the baby no matter what. Take a couple of days and figure out what you are going to do and then tell your mother. Let her know how you are going to handle it. Such as, finishing school, getting a job, where you are going to live, those things. Showing her you are mature about it will be so much better for both of you. You can do this. It isn't the end of the world, but the beginning of an adventure and journey for both you and your baby. Congratulations!
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• in a way you might have disappointed them but you can out shine that let down by showing them that you are responsible enough to take care of this child and give up your childhood bc now you are a mom. i was young when i had my DD, and single, lost a great career and schooling, but instead of having teh child and relying on my folks for everything and not going out to party like a teen{as my friends did when they had their kids} i grew up and put the child first. that will out shine and make your folks more proud of you than you know right now. and if you need someone to talk with message me
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011