CHILD DAY CARE?

Does anyone know how much child day care costs average? Like how do they charge you a week, every other week?

shar-hulk

Asked by shar-hulk at 2:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• That depends on the area. I live in the NW burbs of Chicago, and centers range FROM $225-300 WEEK for infants, maybe $180/week for twos or preschool ages, etc. Home day cares range anywhere from $125 - $165 a week in my area.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have heard of home care in cheaper parts of the country for $40 a week. I know people who pay $300 a week. It depends on many things:

--Is it a home or "school"? (home can be quite cheap if they need money & have kids the same age as yours)
    --Age of kids (school age cheaper, under 2 way more)
    --Qualifications of caregiver/teacher
    --Fancy things like foreign language, music, field trips and computers, security, etc
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Rates from the place I used for the brief time I had my son in daycare while I tried to go to school:

Infants: 6 weeks to 12 months AND walking (Very easy to have 18 month old in here if they're not walking yet)
    $1,400/month breaks down to $350/week

1 year olds
    $1,205/month breaks down to $301.25/week

2 year olds
    $1,075/month breaks down to $268.75/week

3-4 year olds AND 4-5 year olds (different rooms)
    $955/month breaks down to $238.75/week

Payment there is due no later than the 25th of the month prior to care. Confusing but it breaks down to, if you want your child watched for the month of July you have to pay in full by the 25th of June. Those are also the prices for Full Time care. They are adjusted for half-day or just a couple days a week.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Depends on where you live. In my area it's 1000 a month per child
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 5:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011