What can i do if im being treated unfairly at work?

Who can i call?

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• Human Resources is your first stop. If there is no Human Resources department, then your state labor board.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I used to work in the human resources office and was treated badly. I think it was just a sign that it wasn't the right place for me. If your boss doesn't treat you well then there is no hope for things to get better. My boss was always yelling at me in front of others and he would give me all the work while others had only a few hours worth of work to do and the rest of the day they were just keeping busy. I wish I had contacted the labor board and reported them because I got so sick from that job and all the stress... to a point that my doctor recommended I leave the job or risk serious health issues!
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 3:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Are you union? If you are you can talk to your union rep.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If you don't like your job, your work conditions, the amount of money you earn, spending time away from your children,paying oxorbitant amounts for day care etc etc. then work for your self. Be your own boss, determine what you earn, how much you will work, and stay at home with your children. You can do it. It takes some initiative, self motivation and a willingness to learn something new. Then you can go to work one day, put your feet up on the desk and when your boss comes around and says you can't do that. Look him/her straight in the eye and say, " I don't need this job, find someone else to pick on" and then leave. How satisfying is that?
    Email me if you want to learn more- foundationsforhealth@yahoo.com
    Rota
    Rota

Answer by Rota at 3:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I totally relate to your situation! I'm going through the sme kind of thing and am currently talking to the big boss about my options. If you ever need someone to vent to or a sympathetic ear just message me :-)
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i was super sick the first month i was pregnant, and missed alot of work, i thought i had a really bad flu, then i found out i was pregnant, told my bosses, and they changed totally. they were super nice to me til they found out im pregnant. now im thinking about just leaving because they changed so much. even my doctors appointments make them mad.
    barrelracer1977

Answer by barrelracer1977 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree with first poster ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Contact the Human Resources department and file an official complaint.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Human Resources or talk to your supervisor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 7, 2011