Interracial Marriage?

I have never come across anything in the Bible that states (or indicates for that matter) that marriage between races is sin....Noah even married a Mideonite woman(believed to be dark skinned). I live in the deep south and interracial relationships are still unheard of down here..I think its ignorant. Can anyone share a SCRIPTURE that says men and women of different races are not supposed to unite in marriage?

mrsbrittbishop

Asked by mrsbrittbishop at 2:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• There is no such scripture or argument from the Bible because as the Bible clearly says:
    (Romans 2:11) For there is no partiality with God.
    (Galatians 2:6) But on the part of those who seemed to be something—whatever sort of men they formerly were makes no difference to me—God does not go by a man’s outward appearance—to me, in fact, those outstanding men imparted nothing new.
    (1Samuel 16:7) For not the way man sees [is the way God sees], because mere man sees what appears to the eyes; but as for Jehovah, he sees what the heart is.
    (Rev 5:9) And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Nope. Usually I use the example of Noah as well to prove this point. But since you already did it's kinda not worth my recovering. However, the Jews were told not to marry outside the Jewish nation because it would weaken their faith. But since today we're not talking about Cultural religions that doesn't matter.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I live in the deep south and interracial relationships are still unheard of down here.

Interesting... I have quite a few friends in inter-racial relationships/marriages who live in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and Virginia... Could it is more of your observations (in your circle) and generalizing, "down here"?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• There isn't one.... Jesus was based on LOVE, and I'm pretty sure everyone of every color deserves love, and i see no reason why I couldn't love my husband if he were a different race than me.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• There is none that says it, but there is some that has been intentionally twisted to mean that. It comes from the xenophobic sections of the OT, where the tribes are ordered not to mix with others. Totally not applicable to Christianity (since Christians are others), but expanded to serve a racist purpose. Also the idea (again, arrived at by twisting scripture) that by "marking" Cain, that turned him from white to black (again, ridiculous since the people in the OT weren't white to begin with).

If you really want to see more - google for Christian Identity groups. They are hate groups - an overly religious version of the klan, so you aren't going to like what you see there, but you'll see how the scripture is used by them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think it comes from the idea that most stories in the bible shunned the outside races and beliefs? I could be wrong
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Nothing biblical can be found on that issue
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• And it isn't about scripture to those who are against inter-racial relationships.. It's about narrow minded ignorance and hiding behind a bigoted interpretation....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I know lots of interracial couples living in or from the deep south. I don't think interracial relationships are "unheard of" anywhere in America these days.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 3:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Nope--not there.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011