My daughter will be 2 in September and she's acting like such a stinkin' BRAT!!!!

She's driving me nuts.

She acts like she can't do anything on her own and the littlest things provoke huge tantrums. Like if she's sitting in her high chair and you put something in front of her that she doesn't want...she will throw it and scream like someone's beating her senseless. It's been especially bad since I had surgery on wednesday.

What can I do? Any advice?

It's breaking my heart to see my child acting so badly. I'm embarassed to take her out anywhere!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Reinforce the good behavior and discipline the bad. My daughter will be 2 august 26th and doesn't act like this. When she does something wrong, she knows.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• how do you discipline a 2 year old? what works? Apparently I've done something wrong.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Welcome to the Terrible Two's. Time outs for bad behavior. Take the plate of food away if she's playing and/or throwing food. Leave a store when a tantrum starts. My daughter HATES being isolated from the rest of us, so sending her to her room to scream will end the tantrum in short order. Ignoring the tantrum will sometimes work.

"Mommy doesn't hear whiny voices. Talk to me when you can stop whining" and other variations.
    "Tantrums/bad behavior does not belong in public rooms. Go do this in YOUR room until you can be good again" and other variations.

My daughter started her Terrible Two's at 16 months. She turned 4 in March and we've finally begun the slow climb out.

WHATEVER you do be consistent and stick to your guns.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• act the same way show her what she looks like give her time outs
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2011