Nook or Kindle?

Can't decide which one to get. Any advise?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 2:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Technology

• kindle is better rated more features and alot more books
    kealey

Answer by kealey at 3:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have a Kindle. I love it. It's a second generation, so a little older than what most people have nowadays.

The Kindle uses e-ink and there is no glare. I know the Nook has a backlight and reading in darker environments with the backlight isn't the best for your eyes. Because the Kindle uses e-ink and has no backlight, it's battery lasts longer :)

Mine can last up to a month.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 3:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have a Kindle as well. I love it! My mom has a color nook and she loves it. But I couldn't read a nook, too much glare
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We don't have either yet, but doing research I'd say Kindle. They're the only e-book reader that we've found that will let you have a family type account. So, if I download X book to MY kindle, and then later my hubby wants to read the same one, we don't have to pay for it again.

I was looking at a Sony e-reader until my husband told me about that feature and that Kindle is the only one that has it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Kindle....there are a lot of free books you can get thru amazon.com, plus its really easy to use.
    knittymom4

Answer by knittymom4 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I can't speak to the Nook since I don't have one but I absolutely LOVE my Kindle!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:06 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I played with several ereaders a lot before I settled for sure on the Kindle. I thought it was going to be the one I got, but I wanted to make sure. I have the newest generation, I think (but not the huge one, the normal sized one). For me, the Kindle had everything I needed/wanted, without too much extra stuff. It's simple to use and my mom (who is less tech savvy than me by a LOT) liked mine so much we got her one for Mother's Day this year. I've only had mine for a few months, but I love it. I mostly only have classics on it, but DH had a ton of ebooks and when I got my Kindle, he converted them to a format the Kindle could read and gave me those, as well. I suggest reading reviews everywhere you can, watching videos about them, and actually using them several times before making a decision.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I like my Kindle, but the new Nook looks pretty cool and has been getting good reviews
    bcraine

Answer by bcraine at 12:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• Kindle
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 11:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2011

• I have no clue but I am glad I saw this because I have been wanting one, I was leaning more toward the Nook, just because it looks and sounds prettier, lol, but I think I will go with the Kindle now.
    MommaSiete

Answer by MommaSiete at 11:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2011