Things you never thought you'd have to say as a parent....

coworker was telling me when her son was little she had to tell him not to lick the cat again.

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 3:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hahaha! Don't stick your head in the toliet! For some reason when my son was little he had a fascination with the toliet. Finally after seeing him stick his head in it, we got a lock for the toliet and for the door....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Dont put your finger there lol...
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Please don't lick the outlet! Stop sniffing your brother... And my favorite - please don't hide food in your toybox or bed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• as an aunt after my 3 year old nephew walked in the door and his first words to me were, "did you know my pee pee is yellow?".. after I stopped laughing, "yes, nicky, all pee pee is yellow". lol.

my three year old, I say sooo many things I didn't think about saying before I had her.. I can't even count half of them, lol. The most recent.." no tessa, you can't fly like tinkerbell" (after she did a belly flop off the chair in the livingroom... so thankful there is padded carpeting in there and she wasn't hurt).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• "No, you cannot walk on roof." (after he'd already climbed onto it!)
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Stop putting eggs in your belly button.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 4:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Stop biting your brother! My 1 year old is constantly trying to chew on my 3 year old. He does it to show affection. It's absolutely adorable, but big bro doesn't like it too much, lol
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• don't bite the cat or they will bite you back
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• "Please stop trying to put things in the dogs butt" That was to my now 4 year old when she was about two trying to shove a matchbox car in the dog's rear.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have had to say this since my 3 year old started potty training and now that he know what to do he still does this and I still have to say to him "keep your fingers out of your butt" or "stop playing with your pecker"
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2011