So my fiance came across the idea of buying a car for his baby momma since they have 4 kids and two of them go to school.

She doesn't work so I was kind of torn in a way I understand why he would want to because his kids but his ex can ask us for rides, her family and their is the bus.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Absolutely not no way if he pays his child support then she can buy her own car ....
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• they dont have a child support order in affect unfortunately but he does give her money every week he gets paid.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Well, he needs to look at this realistically, is she going to be able to afford the gas, the insurance the tags, or is she going to be asking for more money because it was his idea after all. If she can afford the gas, insurance, and tags, then I would look at seeing if she can repay him for the car. Maybe $50 off child support or something. I can understand why he wouldn't want his kids to go on the bus, and why it might get frustrating for her to be dependent on him even after the relationship is over... Talk to him.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Do you have the money to do that?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• No we definitely dont have the money to do that at this time. And I dont think she has the funds for the tags, gas, or insurance because she doesn't work at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I agree with babybugsmama!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 3:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Tell him no. She doesn't work so how is she going to pay for everything that goes with owning a car.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• There are a lot of other ways of getting around without a car. I have been doing it for years. And right now with the gas prices as high as they are its really not worth it. Btw I also have 4 kids, and am divorced, but I wouldn't dream of asking my ex-husband for a car.
    knittymom4

Answer by knittymom4 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• if he has the extra money to do it then it's cool. if it's hurting his bank account then NO!!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If he has the money to do that then he should just go for custody instead.
    glam.fairy

Answer by glam.fairy at 4:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011