Couponing

does anyone coupon? how much do you save?

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I coupon but not like those extreme couponers that you see on that TLC show. My goal is to match up a sale item with a coupon to get things extra cheap.

I only buy things that I will use and not buy things only because I have an awesome high value coupon to use.

I maybe spend 45 minutes to an hour a week cutting coupons and roughly planning my shopping trips, so not long at all.

At the least I save 50% off of my grocery bill and at the most I have saved 100% and actually getting cash back. (see the walmart coupon policy :) )

On average though I save roughly 75% off of my bill which is pretty darn great for a family of four!

I also use coupons for clothes, toys, and beauty supplies. I think that couponing is most certainly worth the time and effort. There is a learning curve to it and it takes practice. But isn't that a fact of life anyway?

A good beginner site for couponing is hip2save.com
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 3:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I do. It varies. I only saved $50 this past trip, two weeks ago I saved $91. Of course I'm not lucky enough to live in an area with double coupons and such, so I still pay out more than I'd like.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I just started so I am interested in seeing the answers here :)
    knittymom4

Answer by knittymom4 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No I should though!
    blessmeplease

Answer by blessmeplease at 9:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I try. I am really good about cutting out the coupon and putting in my purse. Then when I remember I have it - it has expired already:( I have not given up though. I do remember to use them for diapers and such. I do save a couple bucks with those.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 10:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I am a beginner and have had some really great deals. With the TLC show though it is getting really popular and many times the shelves are empty. I also do not live anywhere near a store that doubles coupons!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 1, 2011

• There's a great website called http://www.mypoints.com , I get coupons there and also earn points toward free gift cards!
    isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• the most I have ever saved was $35
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 10:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2011