Why do people frown so much on?

the way others discipline their children?

I mean if spanking(a swat on the bottom not beating the child) works for them why should we question how others discipline their children as long as they aren't leaving marks on them?

I don't frown or judge other parents that don't use spanking as a method of discipline I am just asking why everyone has to be so judgmental about parents who do chose to spank.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Simple... people feel the need to justify their parenting, and in order to do that, they have to insist that any other way is wrong...lol noone is perfect and all are different... people need to get over it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• my kids are the only ones in thier class that has not been spanked. The other kids think, they're freaks for never been spanked.
    One kid told my dd that her dad should spank her just cuz she needed to experience it.
    I don't disargee with other parents that do speank thier kids, I just never have.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Because spending time judging others lets them take a break from their own less than perfect lives. Every family has the right to make their own choices.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm not just talking about on Cafemom I'm talking in general
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I am not sure how to answer your question in all honesty, I was actually thinking about the same thing earlier today.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I really don't want to be a spanking parent. I was "spanked" as a child...I'm 32 and I guess spanking was diffterent then? It was more like beating out of anger without the loving explanation at the end or beginning. I don't want my daughter to fear me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Because children can't speak up for themselves. Because some parents are abusive and cross the line. And unfortunately that results in people who are picky and critical and overly judgemental of everyone, good parents as well as bad.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 11:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I know different methods of punishment work for different kinds of children. But it does make me cringe and my heart hurts when I see a child get spanked. It also breaks my heart to see a child yelled at until their spirit is broken. I have seen spanking turn into abuse, so maybe that's why I'm more sensitive to it. I just think there are SO many ways to discipline a child, without violence or verbal abuse, that are actually very effective....people just tend to take the easy way out.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011