40 weeks and Back Labor?

I am 40 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and for a few weeks I have been getting constant pains in my lower back with cramping in my front that feels like period cramps, sometimes my stomach gets hard and sometimes it doesn't. My back pain sometimes wraps around into my lower front and my hips and the pain will get stronger at times, and then it will get weaker or just stay at a constant pain level. Right now my back pain has been bothering me all day and its more annoying and uncomfortable than painful but it's bothering me a lot.
Is this back labor? Had anyone experienced this and can tell me what exactly I should do and whats going on?

*And I have a complete loss of appetite. Yesterday I didnt eat a single thing all day until 10:30pm, and I had to force myself to finish the sub. I only ate it because I felt bad not feeding my baby in my belly. And today I only ate a mug full of cereal and milk at 8am. It is now 4 oclock and I still dont really feel hungry.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 3:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's labor all right. Call the Labor & Delivery dept of your birthing center and grab your bag!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• But what about it not really being painful? Its just crampy, irritating, uncomfortable and annoying. Is that still labor?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Usually, if the pain starts in the lower back and wraps around to your belly, your are in labor. Your belly gets hard during contractions. Start timing them. If they continue to be irregular, your body is probably getting ready and dialating for delivery. If they are, lets say about 5 - 10 minutes apart, call your Dr.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Its almost impossible for me to time the back pain. I read that for back labor, the contractions are irregular and that the back pain is constant. I was wondering if anyone experienced back labor like this?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Each labor is different. I have 3 DSs. With my 1st, labor hit me hard and fast from the get go. With my 2nd and 3rd, they started out feeling like I was cramping and got stronger as the baby moved down into the birth canal. Is your back pain an almost constant pain?
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Its always constant, its just weaker at times than others.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Have you called your Dr. to let him/her know what you are experiencing? I don't want you to have that baby on the way to the hospital:)
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Im calling now, I will let you know what they say. Thanks for being concerned :]
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• They told me to try taking tylenol.. and to try timing the contractions and call her back if they get to a constant like 5 minutes apart. However, I cant time my damn back pains because its always there and I refuse to take any medicine while Im pregnant, so idk what the hell to do right now. My back is bothering me a lot right now but they dont seem to want to be disturbed on their Sunday..
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Are you doing a lot of walking around right now? Gravity might help that baby to drop lower and then you can go to the hospital soon to deliver that precious bundle of joy. The pains usually get much stronger/more intense the further along your labor gets. Good luck. It sounds like it is only a matter of time before you are holding your baby.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011