Moving.. Good idea or bad?

Well we moved when i was expecting baby No.3 and now we have 5 children and where living in a 4 bedroomed house which is now getting to cramped, since we have our family over aswell, so my husband thought it would be nice to go and look at houses in the area and he found two, the first which is perfect expect it is too old (as in old i mean the carpets ,walls, kitchen etc. and will need to be renevated all over) and another that is at the high end of our budget and will need alot of money spent on it redoing it. But i really want to move as much as my husband does and we are so stuck for words. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP ME AND MAYBE I COULD EXPLAIN IN MORE DETAIL BECAUSE I WOULD RATHER NOT DISCUSS CERTAIN THINGS IN PUBLIC :D

Mummytomore

Asked by Mummytomore at 9:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Sounds like if they are both older houses and you are going to have to redo them both i'd go for the cheaper one. You might as well save money in the long run. I'd see how much is going to have to be done to each and weigh it against each other. You never know which one will end up being the cheaper way. The more expensive could be a better deal if it has less work. GOOD LUCK!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Also think about low balling 1 million dollar homes are going for 1/2 that now
    Anonymous

• try finding a bank owned house. they are the best deals you can find one that best suits you. it may take some time though. we got our 2400 sq ft house for just 127k and now they are cheaper more like 120k-100k. i'm surprised you said a high priced house. thats really hard to find now days cause every thing is cheaper and not selling. we found a 5 bd for 136k which is what we really wanted but a bid was placed higher then what we could afford.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2008