Dog is peeing when she gets hot???

We have a Brittany Spaniel that is 2 years old. I recently noticed that she sometimes has pee dripping slowly from her. But it only seems to happen when she is hot/over heated. Sometimes when she comes in from outside, she will lay down on the tile floor to cool off and when she gets up there is a puddle. Would anyone know what this might be?? Was going to call the vet tomorrow to make an appointment.
Thanks!

jekrmom

Asked by jekrmom at 4:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pets

• submissive urination? bladder infection? take her to the vet......at least thats what I would do..
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It sounds like she has some incontinence issues

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If she was an older spayed female I would say incontinence, which is very common. I would definetely take her in to rule out a bladder infection/ bladder stones. Otherwise, it could be behavior. GL!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 5:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• OH, and maybe get checked for diabetes also!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 5:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Incontinence can happen at any age although it is more commonly seen in older dogs it is not unusual to see in young dogs as well.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have been doing a little searching online and came across this article ~ http://www.dogaware.com/articles/wdjincontinence.html
    Definitely will be making a trip to the vet this week to figure this out. Doesn't seem to be bothering her at the moment. But I am getting tired of cleaning up after her!! And making sure she doesn't lay on the carpeted floor to cool off...
    jekrmom

Comment by jekrmom (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011