Anyone have pcos and conceived naturally?

I got diagnosed with pcos about a yr ago and after i had my IUD removed. Im 28 have no kids and I would like to be able to have a baby naturally. the past few weeks i have been feeling crappy bloating,headaches, heartburn.. according to a fertility test i bought i was ovulating on the 13 had my period june 7th kinda hopin that maybe this time i am prego...so my question is can i get prego naturally? and can you feel symptoms of being pregnant a few weeks after conception? I took a test last week and it said negative but i feel different than normal please help :)

jessi28817

Asked by jessi28817 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Your gyno gave you and IUD and you don't even have any kids at all? Thats strange to me. All the info I've ever heard was not IUD until you have at least 1 child because it can damage your uterus and you may not be able to have kids after it is removed
    Anonymous

• II was diagnosed with PCOS at 23 and was on oral birth control to manage the symptoms. I was told it would be very difficult to get pregnant if I ever wanted to.

My hubby and I were still using condoms and then when I was 29 I told him. "Why bother with condoms, I am on the pill AND was told we would likely need medical interventions to get pregnant"

We then ditched the condoms. A little over nine months later I gave birth. So yeah..... it can happen naturally with PCOS.
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 4:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It can happen, but it can be difficult.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 4:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• the reason why i had a IUD put in was because i was on birth control since i was 11 due to irregular periods and i wanted to stop takin pills so my gyno recommended me getting a IUD i only had it for 3 months started having horrible pains and had it removed so now im not on anything i hope that I can have a baby the first comment scared me a little been trying for about a yr to conceive so hopefully itll happen like i said i have been feeling so symptoms the past few weeks I dont know if you can feel symptoms this early any suggesestions
    jessi28817

Comment by jessi28817 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It sort-of happened naturally for us the first time around. We were put on BC pills for 6 mos. to regulate my hormones, and I was supposed to come off of the pills and go straight on Clomid, I was supposed to call them and have them call it in for me when I got AF, but the way my period fell, it came over the weekend and I wasn't able to get the clomid called in so they told me to try again next month, and well, we never made it to the next month :) I have also known other PCOS women who have conceived naturally as well. It is very possible, but difficult sometimes. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    BeulahBuford

Answer by BeulahBuford at 4:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011