How would you ask this? would this be appropiate?

I went driving on the back roads today and came across a couple of properties that i want to photograph, one is a bed and breakfast with Victorian style buildings and the other is a farm with old barns and machinery. Should i find out owns them and call or just go to their front door and ask them if i could take photos of their property? I not really sure how to ask either this is what im thinking.." I am learning how to take photographs and I would like to use your property to practice taking photos...." if someone has a better way of asking please tell me im open for suggestions. i was also thinking also to let the people who own the bed and breakfast to use the pics i take for their advertising/promoting if they like how they turned out. i lived here 12 years and had no idea that we even had a bed and breakfast outside of town. thoughts suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would ask, and at the bed and breakfast especially, you could offer to bring them copies of the photos for them to use in their advertising if they would like. Might work out nicely for both of you...they would get free photos, you would get the practice and maybe get your name out there if the end up using your photos.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think that your idea is very considerate and professionally appropriate. Especially since most people would not even think to ask before they shoot.
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 4:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I always just stopped and took them haha. I would try that if they come out you can explain why.

Answer by gemgem at 4:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2011