How do you know when you are wasting your 'breath' on CM?

think about all the truly right answers/advice you've given, and when you go back to check those posts later, the op picks/goes with an obviously wrong answer...or, its like they didn't even read your's. KWIM?

i'm not talking about opinion-posts..i'm speaking of completely true and educated responses.
i swear, sometimes i feel like i waste time in a few sections..but got 3 credits for answering. *shrugs*

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 4:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yah, like hair questions! Tell them they need a professional, then the ask you if you could recommend a good home highlighting kit! Oy vey!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yeah, the point system causes me to ask some silly questions. But in reality, I think that sometime silly questions can be fun and entertaining.

I do go back and read all responses and eventually choose a best answer, although I can't say that I ALWAYS do.

Before the point system CM was dying off. I have been on here since 2008. 2008-early 2010 CM was a hopping place! But starting mid 2010 I left CM because there was little activity.

I think that CM did a great job starting the points system to make the site more active :)
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 4:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i hardly even mess with best answers. I do so many crazy for credits I get best answer daily.

To answer your question. I feel like I am wasting my breath in just about every opinion question. sometimes I answer sometimes i don't. just depends on if I am in in a particularly snarky mood or not.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 6:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't go back to check BA's, but I hate to see when the old wives tale/urban legend answers get so much support when they're obviously wrong. Happens a lot in the food section and the diet/fitness section.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i know! i'm particularly irritated constantly about hair/color questions (doh!).
    and i'm not begging for BAs..sorry, didn't mean to imply that. it like NP said, the mass-support given to crap-advice is astounding!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011