I had very bad post partuom depression after my first child.

It wasn't that I didn't love my son it was just I had thoughts of killing him and if it wasn't that I had thoughts of killing myself or running away cuz I really didn't want to hurt my baby I love my son. Well I'm going to have another baby in 2 weeks and I don't want to have to feel like that again cuz pills that the doctor gave me really didn't help it just made everything worse and me and my husband fought cuz I was always wanting to sleep and tried given him the baby to do so even though he had to work all night and shit. So I really don't ever want to feel like that and I really can't take the pills cuz believe I have tryed them all but I'm just fine now what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have you talked to a counselor, or even to your OB? I can definitely understand your fears. I've had those thoughts before, and I knew they were irrational, and it scared the crap out of me. I am now seeing a counselor (just started). I'm trying to stay away from pills, because I am nursing, and frankly, when I've been on meds before, I felt numb, and I hated it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• i was the exact same but different outcome/ story you can PM me if you want. but i was so scared id have the same feelings towards my son, but some reason it didnt happen. the same chemical imbalance didnt happen, i dont know...i was in a better place in life but id try not to thnk of it and just see what happends...maybe you could try a different approch if it does happen like seeing a consolar or a naturopath or something.
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I had ppd with my first and for all the others in my third trimester I took zoloft before the baby was born and never had that problem with baby 2-5. Dr told me by time the baby was born it was usually too late to start them because some people react badly in the beginning and it already needs to be built up in your system before the baby is born.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would definitely discuss your concerns with your provider. He or she may reccomend several options such as therapy or a different medication, perhaps both. Also, have some support nearby in case you begin having those feelings of hopelessness and despair again so that your family is safe and as happy as possible:) Good luck Mommy!
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• You don't always have pp with your second if you did with your first. Not that you can't have it with both. Do you breastfeed? It can help with the hormones and balancing things.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• MindSootheâ„¢

Support balanced mood, emotional health and feelings of well-being

Support emotional wellness and health
    Support the nervous system
    Lessen common feelings of the blues
    Support a healthy motivated attitude
    Address common premenstrual and menstrual tears and moodiness
    Support a reasonable positive mental attitude
    Maintain a well-adjusted outlook and positive temperament
    Support healthy sleep patterns and a healthy balanced appetite
    Related Products:

To support balanced mood and stability in children 4-12 visit MindSoothe Jr.
    For children younger than 4 years of age visit Triple Complex Mood Tonic.
    texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2008