Want another child but dh doesnt

Has anyone else wanted 3rd child but dh doesnt? How did you handle it? I feel so selfish for wanting another child when I have 2 wonderful, healthy children (girl/boy). I know all of my reasons for dh not wanting another and I understand them, but I cant shake this! Any advice?

tiffany0507

Asked by tiffany0507 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• For now, accept that he doesn't want more. If he changes his mind, great. If he doesn't, then love and care for the 2 you have.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Ive always wanted a big family I have 3 and dh is totally set against anymore but ya never know I mean for the last year or so its not like we've been together anyway
    MomE3

Answer by MomE3 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I had the same problem. DH swore up and down he didn't want anymore kids, I was even about to get my tubes tied but then lately he has been open to the idea. It will just come out of his mouth. like "if we had a bigger car we could have that 3rd baby" Be patient maybe it will happen
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 4:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Dh is 10yrs older than me, we have a suburban (car issue is not a problem), he is the only one working although i do keep kids on the side to help supplement income, our youngest is out of diapers now, so i understand fully his reasoning for not wanting another. But I feel like this is something i need to do but i dont want to tear our relationship apart because of this. I have a wonderful man who is a great father
    tiffany0507

Comment by tiffany0507 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Well maybe you should just be happy with the 2 you already have then. He gave you 2 its not like he didn't give you any at all
    Anonymous

• I am very happy with the 2 I already have. That isnt the issue.
    tiffany0507

Comment by tiffany0507 (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Well if you value your relationship over the need to have children then i would just drop it and wait and see if in a little while he relaxes on the issue. My husband was set on only having one child but over the course of two years he has relaxed on the issue and now we are just waiting til we get a few of life's big goals out of the way first.
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011