Have you been able to conceive after a d&c and how quickly?

What were your post d&c symptoms? Lots of bleeding or very little? How long did it take you to conceive after?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am ttc after a D&C so I want to know too!
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 4:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yes. One of my friends was pregnant before she had one cycle. I got pregnant again after four months. Bleeding for me was like a regular period. The upside to a d&c is that for most women you are more fertile after havig it done. So conceiving will probably be a little easier now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I waited a year and a half before trying again. We got pregnant within a month of trying.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I had a miscarriage followed by a D&C. I expected more bleeding than what I actually experienced. For me it was like a light period but with worse cramps.

I was not trying, but I ended up pregnant within three months of the D&C and gave birth to a healthy baby girl. I believe that my OBGYN asked that I try to not get pregnant for a minimum of six months but preferably at least 12 months after the D&C. My body did not care to listen to my OBGYN.
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 5:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i had my daughter november 1st and i am 4 and a half months pregnant now
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 7:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011