Has anyone had the problem of getting your child to SIT on the potty to go poo? My son is used to standing in his diaper to go, so now that we're potty training he insists on standing on the toilet seat to go #2. Splash! Any suggestions?

potty training trouble

kathy5980

Asked by kathy5980 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've heard of kids standing and squatting to poo....it's probably what he's used to...get him to watch you or his daddy to help figure out the correct way....just a thought
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 9:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• with my son i would put him on the potty backwards and put a couple of cheerioes in the potty so he could see them,and told him he had to try and sink them! he loved it! thought it was a game. now he goes like everyone else! you should try it at least he might sit on the potty that way!!!:)
    juka0306

Answer by juka0306 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2008