Why?! Ugh!!!

It was a perfect day to bathe the dogs outside (they're too big to do in the tub!) Right after I got the shampoo rinsed out, they went to the nearest dirt spot they could find & rolled in it! REALLY?! I just got you clean you ornery mutt! Ugh!! Do your dogs do this too?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pets

• I had my dog get away from me mid shampoo once and go straight under the shed where he liked to dig. He was a soapy, muddy mess.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• LOL no my dog just runs around the yard 1 or 2 times and then likes to get dried off with the towel. She rubs all in it!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Our dogs don't do that, they roll on the couch. lol But our horse does! We gave him a bath yesterday, and he immediately went and rolled in the mud! lol Oh well- there's always tomorrow, right?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• If you leave them outside this will happen, you got to dry them and bring them in!

Answer by older at 5:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We bathe Miss Diva Thang (aka Pepper) in the house (indoor dog) but as soon as we take her out for her first walk after the bath, she does her damnedest to roll in the grass.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yes.. and my dog finds whatever stinks the most in the neighborhood and rolls and rolls in it.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It is a scent thing ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• All three of ours will roll against the couch cushions/my bed/the carpet/the towels...they will literally go crazy for 10 minutes racing around. But then the pup (english cocker spaniel) will usually sneak out into the garden and either dig a hole in the flower beds or roll in one he dug earlier. He only ever digs/rolls in mud if he is wet! Gets me so mad!!!!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 6:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My dogs roll around in the grass to dry off... I would hate for that to happen!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes, dogs will roll. My dog rarely needs a bath, though. I don't know if it's what i feed her, the breed, or just luck. I don't think I bathe her even once a year. She has soft, sleek fur, and doesn't smell. When I do bathe her, I do it in a full tub/shower unit, she wouldn't fit in just a shower stall. She's mid-sized, a 45 lb Siberian Husky. And I towel her off, then leave her inside until she's really dry, or take her out on a leash.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011