Ethics Question........

I stumbled upon this on the internet while I was looking for ideas of questions to post today. I am in a debate mood, but I think I suck at it. LOL Anyhow, take a look at this........Totally made my jaw drop!

It is time to elect the world leader, and yours is the deciding vote. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates:

Candidate A: He associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologers. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks up to ten Martinis a day.

Candidate B: He was ejected from office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a large amounts of whisky every evening.

Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and hasn't had any extra-marital affairs.

Candidate A is Franklin D Roosevelt

Candidate B is Winston Churchill

Candidate C is Adolph Hitler

We all tend to make snap decisions in assessing whether something is right or wrong, before seeking the full story.  The need to examine what really lies beneath the surface when judging good and bad will become increasingly important as ethics and ethical issues become genuinely popular mainstream concerns.

Powerful organisations, politicians and the media are very clever at 'spinning' and distorting information so as to control public opinion.  Judging important matters such as ethics on the surface is no basis for proper judgement, moreover we make it very easy for those who seek to deceive and exploit us when we fail to question and examine things properly before deciding.

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 5:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Interesting twist on Hitler. I noticed how they so conveniently left out "responsible for the deaths of millions of jews" What an interesting way to show how the media manipulates us! That's whay I tell my kids not to believe everything they see or hear. There's usually more to it. Thanks for a great example! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I was going to say that candidate A&B sound like every politician out there today, so I would vote for A or B. LOL ! I was telling my friends that instead of having a presidential debate, they should have the candidates hooked up to lie detectors and let the public phone in and ask them questions. I would also like politicians to wear shock collars that would zap them every time they told a lie! :>)
    maggiebgood

Answer by maggiebgood at 6:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would also like politicians to wear shock collars that would zap them every time they told a lie! [maggie]
    I choked on my tea when I read that!!! I am pretty sure the collars would short out within an hour or two.

I've seen those facts before and always found them interesting. While I don't approve of cheating, I would be more likely to vote for the first two (w/o knowing who they were in history) because they DON'T sound so uptight that a piece of coal would turn into a diamond in a very short time if shoved up their rears (thanks Ferris!) unlike the third choice. I definitely wouldn't trust the third choice. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• WOW! What you leave out makes a huge difference! Thanks for posting! i'm gonna go put this on my FB now lol
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Just a question gingerwheel (no insult intended)...are you new to the internet?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Not new at all. I actually work from home and spend most of my time on the internet. I usually do not look up information such as this and for some reason I am in a mood to today. Though I am not sure how you can ask that question without insulting in some way, but I appreciate you doing so nicely.
    Gingerwheel

Comment by Gingerwheel (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Hitler was a MASSIVE drug user. He may not have drank much but he did the equivalent of meth until, towards the end, he couldn't even get out of bed before getting shot up.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 7:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

>>>>
    Nope, no insult intended. I was curious because 2 of the questions you asked have been traveling around the internet for years.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Why don't you post the article about hitler that sounds like it is about Obama?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Hmmm somehow I must have missed that circulation.

Carpy~ I googled those key words and way more than one reference to an article that compares Obama to Hilter came up.
    Gingerwheel

Comment by Gingerwheel (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011