Anyone watch TV online?

We are thinking about ditching cable and getting Netflix for Wii. I know there are ways to watch TV online (Hulu, etc). How do they usually work? Are they free? Do they have fairly recent episodes?

MedicMommy

Asked by MedicMommy at 6:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Entertainment

• I watch all my TV online or on Netflix. The episodes usually come out a day after they air, and I watch quite a few shows that way. The Big Bang Theory is not available very often, which makes me sad, but other than that almost everything can be watched online :)
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Thanks :) DH iscurious about sports. Is ESPN online? (I'm so not in a google mood at the moment)
    What sites do you use? Are they free?
    MedicMommy

Comment by MedicMommy (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I use netflix and I love it. I pay $10 a month for it and you can watch it on the computer or through your wii as much as you want and they also send you 1 dvd at a time for the $10 but you can get more dvds if you want you just have to pay more.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 6:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We ditched cable a few months back and use Netflix on Wii and Playstation. Many of the programs that we like to watch are updated frequently on Netflix which makes it awesome.

Some of the television stations (including some cable stations) offer streaming video of episodes available right on their website. The major networks almost always offer access to streaming episodes of their current (and some past) shows.

We did spend like $15 at Walmart to get a TV antenna so we can watch my DH's Packer games once they start playing again, lol.

Overall, saving the $100 a month we were spending on cable most certainly makes me feel better about missing some of my favorite cable tv shows, or just waiting a little longer until they are available on Netflix.

superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 6:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I've used Hulu a handful of times. I wasn't impressed, but am pretty sure that was my internet connection more than the website itself. Haven't seen sports, but didn't look.... : /
    Episodes were pretty recent. I believe w/in 24 hrs?
    bbreitha

Answer by bbreitha at 1:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2011