Mom's I have a questions about your social life...

Ok, I'm fairly out going, but find it hard to make time to have social interactions therefore I do not have many "friends" because I am so busy with work, family, and school. So my question is...
Am I the only one that has this problem? I see many other mom's that have meaningful friendships...
and how do you balance it?

JaniceMc27

Asked by JaniceMc27 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I do not have close female friends IRL anymore, besides family (my mom, my cousins, my MIL and SIL) because I just don't know how to make friends, or even exactly what I'd want to do with them (or find the time to do). I have friends online. That probably sounds lame, but I have a group of moms on CM I always check in with, and we share pretty much anything important going on in our lives and talk about current events. We were all on a birth board together long ago. :) I also play WoW at night, so I have friends on there I've played with for years. I guess that's similar to a softball team or book club...we share and partake in a common interest together. I don't know, I have a lot of relationships, they're just mostly either family or online. I don't do the typical chick friendship thing I guess.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 6:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You need to find friends that are like you! They understand you have a life outside your friendship and aren't offended or not want to be your friend anymore just because you have a lot going on. Maybe find friends at your work that have kids and are on the same boat :o)
    Anonymous

• I know people who have problems with it. I dont know why they do? I dont work so maybe its what makes a difference. I have much time to hang out with friends, alone or with my kids doing things I love. I think the key is to find people with similar interests and kids the same age.

Answer by gemgem at 6:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't have any "friends" just acquaintances and most of them are too busy to do anything with me so I just do things with my husband and kids most of the time and focus on having fun with them--going to the park; going to the movies; going to the library, etc
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think that is an important key to have similar interests but I just don't know where to find people with similar interests because I always put my life first, selfish maybe but I have five kids, married, work full time, and go to school. I do miss having girl time so much and when I get a free moment I don't have friends :( and I don't know how or where to make them.
    JaniceMc27

Comment by JaniceMc27 (original poster) at 6:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Friends at work are out of the question... hahaha! I work in an office with only guys (construction of company). Most of the friendships I have had always understand at first but later on... they just fade away. I really do try and maintain them, it just never works out.
    JaniceMc27

Comment by JaniceMc27 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Whew... I thought it was just me... I was really beginning to think there was something wrong with me. :) Thanks!
    JaniceMc27

Comment by JaniceMc27 (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2011