Husband's deployed and I dont want to cook!!!

My husband will be home in about 2 weeks FINALLY but lately I haven't felt like cooking. I don't know if I'm anxious about him coming home, if I'm tired of just cooking for a toddler and myself or what the deal is but how do I get out of this funk and back in the kitchen?
I hate to ask anonymously but I have to protect my husband and his unit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I was the same way. What I did to get out of that funk was to find new recipes that I thought my husband would like and test them out before he came home.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Watch a bunch of Food TV. It will probably get you inspired :)
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 8:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I know what you mean. DH just got home yesterday after being gone for 4mo, so i made him Lobster Colorado, and for dessert a molten caramel apple cake! It was so fun to get back in the kitchen and make a "challenging" meal after making quick and easy for me and a 4yo. You'll get back into the groove. Just think of your DH's fave meal and how happy you are he will be home and how you want t please him and you'll be excited to get back in there too!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• check out some cooking websites
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 28, 2011