Has anyone tried the E-cigarette?

I've been very curious about it, but I don't want to waste the money if i don't like it. I did a little research on it and even if I wanted to buy one I wouldn't have a clue which one to buy! Have any of you tried it? Suggestions?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 6:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Health

• My BIL uses it and he loves it. Not sure what kind he has but he thinks it's the best thing ever. lol.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 6:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I personally am not a smoker so I have not tried them, however, I am a nurse and have dozens (possibly hundreds) of rave reviews from patients who are using them to quit smoking or as a healthier alternative.

I know that they can be pricey but after doing the math with a few patients, we determined that it is much cheaper than actual tobacco cigarettes.

Good luck!
    superclutz

Answer by superclutz at 6:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My df has one, not sure the brand, but he rarely uses it. He likes it for if he's traveling and on a bus/train/plane because you can use them too, as well in resturants and stores, and thats basically what he uses it for.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have been thinking about it. The woman at the local cigarette store told me that there is supposed to be a "disposable" (read cheaper) version coming out when I asked her about them. I am going to wait and try one of those because I would hate to spend that kind of money for nothing. I'm still unsure because based on what I have read and seen in the stores, they are geared more towards regular flavor smokers and not those of us who smoke menthol flavored.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I actually talked to one of my co-workers today and he said he has a menthol flavored one!
    exxOHjackie

Comment by exxOHjackie (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• They have menthol .... well, I may have to invest!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i saw a guy use it after having a hole pack...and he is a friend of ours. we had been drinking a lot so i think at that point he knew he wouldn't stop smoking until he used that
    so in emergencies i'd say it works
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2011