How many days after a + OPK does your temperature go up?

I got a positive OPK on Thursday, had a - OPK on Friday after my IUI. My temperature is still at pre-O temperatures, and I am REALLY hoping that my IUI was not a complete failure.

rachelv817

Asked by rachelv817 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• OPKs are HIGHLY inaccurate. There is no definate answer as to WHEN you will actually ovulate (and therefore have a temp rise) after a positive OPK.

IF (and that is a big IF) the OPK accurately detects an LH surge AND ovulation occurs following the LH surge (which does NOT always happen) then you should notice a change in waking temp about 12-36 hours after the detection of the LH surge.

I am really surprised if you are having fertility treatments that you doctor has you doing OPKs at all and not just charting cervical mucus, basal temp, and cervical position. I am also surprised that they are not monitoring your overies to check for ovulation.

Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. I would HATE for your IUIs to be incorrectly timed because of poor ovulation detecting methods.
    Anonymous

• I can't afford ultrasounds every month, or get time off for two trips in two days, so they are doing it the most affordable way possible. I am charting my BBT/cervical mucus but the Clomid screws with the mucus, plus I don't tend to have good patterns. I have had quite inconsistent waking times this cycle, and my thermometer is almost 5 years old, but my new one gives me sores. TTC sucks.
    rachelv817

Comment by rachelv817 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm sure you have read that Clomid also cause accuracy issues with OPKs as well. In fact many OPK packages state that you may have trouble using them if you are on a fertility drug like clomid.

Clomid does affect cervical mucus but not cervical position which is why it is the most recommended fertility sign to chart for women on fertility drugs.

Also I would set an alarm to take temps at the same time everyday. Even a 15 minute variation can cause inaccurate charting results.
    Anonymous