American history and politics help....Carpy and Minnesotanice please read!!!

Ok so DH and I go to this pub trivia thing every week with some of our friends this week the theme is America...now i think I know a lot about American history and politics (even though i usually stay quiet about it)..but I think i should study up because under normal circumstances we just go for fun and if we happen to win its nice to get a little unexpected cash This week however  the winners get cash and a google tablet and google smart phones. I really really want to win so I need some ideas of websites to look at or documentaries to watch that might help me get an edge over the competition.. A lot of you ladies (Carpy, Minnesotanice) seem to be able to pull out sources at the drop of a hat to back up things you say so please help me out and give me some ideas of where to look. Thanks!!!! 

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Just GOOGLE!!! Put a topic or name in the subject line and you will get tons of sources. Its no big deal. It doesn't take any special talents! LOL. Just GOOGLE!
    WHY did you mention ME????? I'm not the only one who GOOGLES!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• WHY did you mention ME????? I'm not the only one who GOOGLES!

Oh i know you are not the only one lol! Its just when I read the P&CE section you guys seem to be able to pull out sources so quickly and so i thought  you guys would have some good tips on specific sites that might help. lol! Sorry I singled you out!

momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Go get a copy of the book, "Don't know much about history" Very informative. For websites? It would depend on the questions asked.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Know-Much-about-History/dp/0380712520
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm guessing that they're going to take a more broad aspect to the American history questions and not get into the technical details that a lot of people debate about. In that case I'd recommend PBS's website, the History channel's website, Library of Congress, and the Smithsonian website (under researchers).
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 7:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

You know something funny? I actually own that book but, I forgot I had it.....I guess I should start reading it! Thanks for reminding me I had it!  

momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You know something funny? I actually own that book but, I forgot I had it.....I guess I should start reading it! Thanks for reminding me I had it!

It is full of info.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2011