LDS moms?

If Jesus came to North America after his resurrection in Israel and hung out with the Natives, then why didn't any of the Natives already know about or believe in Jesus when the Europeans came?

I'm not bashing, this is a serious question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Basically the Book of Mormon is the story of two races of people that stemmed from a group of people who came over from Jeruselem.

Christ visited after his death(those missing 3 days that are spoken of in the Bible thats when he was in the Americas).

Anywho...at the end of the Book of Mormon the Lamanites were all that was left after a big war with the other group(Nephites). All records were buried so the story would be preserved and not lost to time hence why it was never known til Joseph Smith found the tablets and all that followed.

So, basically, the reason it wasnt remembered or passed on is because the Lamanites werent the storytellers...the Nephites were and they buried the records they didnt give them over to the Lamanites(who were the ancestors of the Native Americans).

My background is that I was born and raised LDS, served a mission and was true blue til 2007 when I left the church. If you have ?'s, ask.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'm not LDS, but from what I've heard there are some ancient stories of a "white man" that came way before any Europeans

If he existed, Jesus wasn't White...he was Middle Eastern.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'm not LDS, but from what I've heard there are some ancient stories of a "white man" that came way before any Europeans appeared on the scene. I've never really read much about it, but I think there are some ancient traditions among Native Americans that the LDS may look to in order to explain Jesus coming to North America.

Answer by missanc at 8:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011