Did you know...

that Rasmussen says 64% of Americans pray at least once a day and 61% think that their should be prayer in schools? I was surprised by this considering how our world is today, but I have to admit it is a bit refreshing!

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 6:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I PRAY EVERYDAY I THINK FROM THE TIME I AWAKE. I SAY GOOD MORNING TO MY FATHER. I THANK HIM FOR ANOTHER DAY.I PRAY FOR GODS PROTECTION OVER ME MY YOUNG BLESSINGS AND MY WHOLE FAMILY AND MY FRIENDS.THEN THROUGH OUT THE DAY I PRAY FOR WHAT EVER COMES TOO MIND. NOW THAT I'M APART OF CAFEMOMS I WILL PRAY FOR EACH ONE YOU.GOD BLESS
    butterfly193

Answer by butterfly193 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• There IS prayer in schools. Just not teacher LED prayers. NO ONE is stopping anyone from praying anywhere.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Was EVERY American out there asked because I don't recall being asked. It's easy to get that response if you poll only people in the Bible Belt for instance.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Isn't it a shame that people don't understand WHAT was taken out of schools?

I'm with you IhartU ... I don't recall being asked and I DO live in the Bible Belt.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Just wondering what the reputation of Rasmussen is? I seriously thought this was a good source but there seems to be a group of moms that think if they personally weren't asked it is not a worthy poll. Hmm go figure.

Thanks for the information AF4life I will proceed to get many down votes now that will tell me just how many do read my responses :)
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 7:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• spirited...dont worry about the downvoter...I mean i got downvoted for saying people are free to pray whenever they want LOL!! She must really have her panties in a wad about SOMEthing.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Would you feel it refreshing to know meditation is on the rise amongst americans?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• " I was surprised by this considering how our world is today, but I have to admit it is a bit refreshing!"

This is funny....if THAT many people are praying...then why do you think the world is "how it is today"? Maybe people aren't praying the right prayers?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Rasmussen is a conservative leaning org. I don't put much stock in their polls.
    I believe that a great deal of people pray daily. Prayers is kind of universal. Not much to dispute there.
    I am a Catholic and I do not want prayer in public schools and I know few people who do want it.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• NOW THAT I'M APART OF CAFEMOMS I WILL PRAY FOR EACH ONE YOU.GOD BLESS

Please, don't, that is rude and insulting to my faith. Gods are not ATMs to be begged for favors. Praying FOR anyone or anything is horribly crude.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011