Sun burn

So I went swimming today and I put sun screen on but I must have not waited long enough before getting in the pool and I'm a little sun burnt on my belly. This isnt gonna hurt baby in any way is it? I'm 37 weeks pregnant if that makes a difference at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not at all. Your baby is encased in a real safe home right now. You on the other hand are going to experience the effects of the sunburn. Ouch! An age old remedy, Noxema. Aloe is best but is a bit sticky. Just be careful if your belly is itchy, remember the burn is there or you are going to remember when you scratch.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Not gonna hurt your baby at all. Get yourself some Banana Boat Aloe Vera Gel and apply liberally, as often as needed to help ease the sunburn. I use it when I get burnt and usually by morning it has tanned out.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i wouldnt say hurt the baby but you are gonna be regretting it:( also with you getting burnt you may wanna just drink a little extra water than is normal bc even if you use sunscreen if you arent hydrated enough you burn, and being prego we need to stay hydrated :)
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• no you are fine , just stay hydrated !! I went tubing on the river when I was pregnant (it was a slow moving river) I kept hydrated and I was fine :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011