Sorry if it's TMI-Pooping after labor

So I had my first baby yesterday Jun 25th at 2:40 in the morning and I tried to poop today, took stool softener yesterday, still nothing. I know it's only been 24 hours but today when I went to poop it felt like something was coming but I felt it and there was just a bubble pushing out of there.. no poop. they say it's hemmoroids but has anybody else had this?

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not a great feeling at all. Congrats on your baby! Do not try to make yourself poop it will only make it worse. You tried prune juice? it took me a couple of days with my first one, but with my second one I went almost 2 wks without pooping and it was the worst feeling ever! Do not let it get that far(also had hemorrhoids with it). make sure you have Tucks and Preparation H on hand. I took stool softener and ate and drunk anything that usually made me go. I soak my butt in hot water(it tend to relax me so I could go). Hope everything works out.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I pooped a couple of days after. It just happened and Id idn't try to force it. I had hemorrhoids but didn't need and prep H, pills or to soak my tushy. My problem was that I had an episiotomy and it made it difficult to 'hold it' so be careful of that. I almost had a very awkward situation in my living room with my newborn about 3 weeks post partum! lol
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 7:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yup, sounds like hemorrhoids to me. Whatever you do, don't try to force it out, that will just make it worse. Prunes were my best friend after delivery. Seriously. The stool softeners never worked for me.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Ok thanks mamma's =]
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• COngrates!! if i were you i would stop TRYING to go and wait till you feel the urge and just let your body push it out-sorry if it sounds weird-but it keeps you from causing or irritating the hemroids. and its normal,uncomfy but thats what our bodies go through.
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Tell the nurse and they will give you suppositories
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2011