Why is my 4 yr. old acting like he is a baby?

he does this whining thing like he is a little baby especially when he doesn't get his way.....I don't understand my other 2 kids didn't do this when they were his age....

poobear5

Asked by poobear5 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try not to compare, i know its hard sometimes. has something changed and he is feeling insecure? have you been busy latley and he is missing you? mabey he is going through his own changes and isnt quite sure how to handle. be strong and i wouldnt give in but support him a bit and see if it passes
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 11:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Some kids do this ! I have a 6 year old boy who does this but he is a special needs child .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I'm going through that stage with my 5yr old he is copying his little brothers and then it's like dominoes, just ingnore him when he goes to far or put him on the naughty step for every minture of his age thats what i do.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 11:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I don't have any kids of my own yet, ones on the way... but my 8 year old little brother does this constantly... he talks like he's a 3 year old, and throws himself on the floor throwing tantrums in the middle of the store. I don't exactly know why they do this... for attention maybe?
    inyournightmare

Answer by inyournightmare at 11:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2008