Beauty and the Beast costume

I don't think there is an answer to this but I'm throwing it out anyway. My 14 yr old g-daughter is in a school play and asked if I could make a "Belle" costume for her. Initially I thought the problem would be finding a pattern in her size - they're mostly for little girls. But she has complicated things by saying she's supposed to be a "cheery Belle" and she takes that to mean something like a cheerleader. Her idea was to wear a cheerleader costume with a big "B" on the shirt. Doesn't sound right to me (big difference between cheery and cheerleader, I think). Can't really talk to her drama teacher so I'm stumped.
Has anybody out there heard of a slightly skewed Beauty and the Beast play that calls for off-beat costuming? That is, if any of you are still reading this pathetic plea?

gigipat

Asked by gigipat at 10:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I haven't heard of that so I suggest calling the school to ask, good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Nope :-) Sorry I'm no help but I've only heard of the standard Disney Belle. You might ask her mom and see what she knows. However once youngsters get an idea in their head it can be tough changing their minds. Good luck & Merry Christmas.
    Bell49

Answer by Bell49 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Not sure this will help, but if she is to be a "cheery" Belle, you can always change the outfit a bit. Give her a nice sweater with Capri's and a headband or something like that.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 5:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2008