Do you ever run out of something?

when cooking or baking and ask your neighbor for whatever? or do you make a trip to the store for the item?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• If I need something I go to the store. I don't want to get in the habit of borrowing things, or having neighbors who want do the same. The next door neighbors at our first home made it a habit to come to "borrow" something no less than once a week. I don't want to start that again.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I only ask one neighbor that I happen to be friends with. I remember as a kid I used to do it all of the time but now, no.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 7:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Since my sister is just down the road, I would ask her to bring me something or run down there, and vice versa, but if my LP is out and about I will ask him to pick something up, or there is something I can substitute I will do that instead.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i go to the store
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 9:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• no, i don't go to my neighbor for anything unless it is something like their dog got loose or i got a package for them or something like that. i lay out all the stuff i need before i start to make sure i have everything....if i don't usually i just make something else instead lol. it's too much work to pack up all the kids and go to the store for just 1 thing.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I go to the store or do without. There is only one other house on our road, a retired couple, and they both have cancer and are in bed and sick so I would feel bad asking them for anything. But, in different circumstances, I might ask a neighbor for something.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I never ask a neighbor because I don't feel comfortable doing that....but I have had people come knocking for some eggs, milk or flour and I gladly oblige. If I run out of something, I try to substitute, if I can. Or I make a trip to the store.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 9:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I go to the store. I don't know any of my neighbors well enough to ask.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yes my neighbors like family and we borrow occasionally,means a lot.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It completely depends on what it is. There is almost always a substitute, and often the recipe will be fine without it (but usually just in cooking, not so much in baking). If worse comes to worst, I go to the store. That way usually you will have extra of the ingredient for later.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 7:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2011