Getting to know new neighbors

what is the best way to get to know your new neighbors when you are shy to begin with and don't like to bother people?

we just moved into a new neighborhood and I was asking what is the best way for me to get to know the neighbors without feeling like I'm intruding or anything

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't take baked goods or food until we know each other a little better. People today generally feel funny about accepting food from a complete and total stranger. People are skeptical at best these days until they get to know someone. I walked over, tapped on their door and told them I was their new neighbor, "Hello, Nice to meet you and we wanted you to KNOW who your brand new neighbors were moving in over here". It warmed them up right away and they felt like it was a good move that I was concerned and wanted them to know who we were since we are all living near one another now. It started other conversation about what do you do? Do you have kids? etc etc.....It worked for us really well. Good Luck. I like to feel comfortable with the people I live around every day.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• The time-honored method of making cookies or a cake and take it over, introduce yourself, and then you can leave. You can also include a piece of paper with your name, phone number, and address on it in case they want to call and say thank you. If they do call, you can invite them over for coffee.

Answer by Bmat at 7:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Lots of times, they will come to see you and bring a meal or baked goods. You'll eventually get to know them...so don't rush anything. Just be kind and wave at them and they'll come around. Take walks around your area, make yourself seen...offer help in the neighborhood if you see something needs to be done. Just be there for others.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• if we are outside we do wave and say hi I was just wondering if I should make the first move and go and introduce myself or wait till they come over
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 6:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011