Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do, any ideas

Went On line filled our a form to see if my kids and I could get food stamps. It goes by gross income so with that I make $139.00 too much.
So I put in my take home net pay, just to see & we'd get $238.00 a month for food.
I don't get it.
I do not have stock or a retirement plan or anything else.
Just what the government takes out of my check.
Ugh, so frustrated.
I can pay my bills & it's just the cost of food. And hoping that nothing goes wrong, no car repairs, no medical bills and we are okay.
My ex is a deadbeat has not seen or paid child support in two years.
That $400. A month could really help! But now, they'll charge him $700.00 a month to capture past due amount of $32000.00. I'd just be happy with the original $400.00 a month.
Any suggestions on finding him? I've heard he left the state.
I don't have money to hire an attorney or whatever.
Are there any web sites that find people for free or very cheap?
Of course our state attorney general just says they can't locate him.
Just very frustrated.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • That happened to me so I applied for welfare so they would find him. I wasn't working at the time. They told me not to bother, it would take them about 6 months to find him and he probably would find another job by then so it wasn't worth it. I went home and called his parents who unwittingly told me where he worked. I called his job and pretended I was a prospective landlord looking for a reference. They gave me his start date and what he makes. I called child support and told them to get on the ball or I would be sending them a bill for my private detective skills. That was years ago. Seems like it takes longer now. I would apply anyway because they take your expenses into consideration too I believe.

    Answer by attap5 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • Oh, and try facebook, it's a great way to find people!

    Answer by attap5 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • His mom and sister just tell me that it's him business. And won't give me any information.
    So, right or wrong they will not know my children. I feel why should I send them pictures so he can see the kids he cannot help support.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • If you go to you local welfare office they should have a free program to help get your child support. In my state its called the Bureau for Child Support Enforcement. As long as you have a court order for him to pay child support they will locate him and attach his wages to make sure you get your money. They will even make his pay his past due support too. All you have to do is fill out some simple paper work and they will do the rest for you. In my state they even do what is called an Income Tax Refund Intercept where they take his income tax refund and give it to you until he is caught up. They even enforce his payments so if he hasn't been paying they will assist you in filing for contempt of court and have a judge enforce his payments. Hope this helps!

    Answer by lochbuie88 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

  • I did get his income tax until last year, I have a case with the state. Who says they are unable to locate him. Yes, I have a court order. its just a matter of finding him & getting him to pay. Could he have changed in id? I wouldn't put it past him to that. He's running from child support.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

  • If he died do you think they would contact me, the ex wife?
    Not that I necessarly want him dead but it sucks that if he was dead, my kids and i would get social security benifits. No questions asked.
    But no, he's out living his life & we suffer.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

  • Is there any way to turn him into the IRS, he obviousely didn't file last year. They'd intercepted his ruten every year before.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2011