Husband is getting on my nerves

We just moved into a new place this past week and my husband is complaining about anything and everything. I have been busting my a$$ off at the new place getting things in their rightful places and he says I am not doing anything to help. Makes me want to just smack him. What can I do to get him to relax; quit riding my a$$ about everything and stop complaining?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I would say if nothing is getting done to your satisfaction help.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Tell him to be part of the solution, not the problem. If he still insists on whining and complaining send him out for something HARD to find. Or just make him do it himself.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Is it a new city? Either make him go out with friends or roam around looking for cool stores or something or u can fimally snap and go off on him lol
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• LOL@beeky!! (Sadly, you're right!) But, MY answer is for her to spend a day REALLY 'doing nothing'. Go out, go shopping, do something fun, and then maybe he'll realize what the difference is between you busting your A** and actually doing nothing. THEN...make a list of things that still need to be done, tear it in half and give HIM one half and tell him those things are HIS responsibility. See who gets to the end of their list the quickest. (If HE wins, THEN think about giving him the BJ. In fact, TELL him that will be his 'prize' if he wins. Motivation is a great thing!!
    Carolina_D

Answer by Carolina_D at 7:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would really slack off and then see what he thinks about what's not getting done. You're putting your new home together....how could anything NOT be getting done? It's work for days, ..weeks even. I'm afraid I would just have to ask "What's you're problem?" and see what his gripe really is.wink

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Moving is so stressful. I say slap him.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Been there...Moving is stressful, no matter how happily you are married. Men like order. My husband acts this way everytime we move too. Keep up your good work and he'll soon calm down. Be more affectionate to him during this time. Something is bothering him, or he wouldn't be acting this way. It will get better...
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Men hate change, they're creatures of habit, it's probably more about his anxiety about the moving than all the crap he has to do, be patient, and I agree with beeky, a bj will make him feel all is right with his world again, lol!
    Anonymous

• I foresee this happening to me! We're moving this week and we're so far behind it's not even funny.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 9:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Lol interesting solutions here. I like it!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 10:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2011