How much do you drink if you do at all? How old are your kids?

Is it more of a cocktail after a long day before bed, or more of a social thing?

ours

Asked by ours at 7:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mostly a drink a few times a week before bed while watching TV. Sometimes more if it is a social gathering. My children are 25, 24, 21 and 8.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We have the occasional beer, and by occasional, I mean maybe one or two a month, if even. DS is 6.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't drink, but hubby may drink a couple of beer on his off days(can't drink on the days that he do work).
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I drink once a year and thats it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I didn't even put how much I drink in the post, that's not fair! Haha.

Before children I only drank every once in a while during social situations. Now I have a 2 1/2 year old and an almost 2 month old. I've gone to a couple happy hours since our new baby was born, but was only gone for a couple hours and it was just to relax and chat with some friends! Once she's older I'll probably get back to what's normal for me, drinking once or twice a month socially and besides that having a drink just with myself or hubby after a long day to relax.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I have one or two drinks about 6 times a year, if that. Any more than 2 in a sitting and I am sick as a dog. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• couple of beers each week
    never more than two in a day
    1 child who is almost 4
    social? do not have social life, unless you call having a beer with your mother after dinner social-lol
    guess it could be called social
    not drinking in a closet but not a bar or night out ever either
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• shoot...I didn't answer half the question. My kids are 5, 2, and 3 weeks, and when I drink it is either LP and I decided to make drinks at home one night (rare), or that we are out for a holiday party...pretty much Christmas, New Year's Eve, 4th of July, Halloween, and maybe an occasional bon fire.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I haven't had a drink in about 4 years. I KNEW I was predisposed from a young age, but didn't know how much until about 4 years ago.

My 7 year old was around 3. I'd had 1-2 of those Smirnoff Black Cherry drinks. My son had done something to annoy me and I lit into him something fierce. I don't remember what it was now, but was probably something pretty minor. *I* had been raised, and verbally/emotionally abused by an alcoholic.

I saw the look on my son's face as I lit into him, and all I could think of was how *I* had been raised and treated. I had vowed, to myself, before I had kids that they would NOT be treated the same way as I was. That was the last drink I had, and now, 4 years later, even the thought of a drink is in no way appealing.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I can't even remember the last time I had a drink. Not too big into drinking now that I have kids. Maybe the new years after my daughter was born... She will be 2 in august.... I have a 3 year old son and a 22 month old little girl
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011