My sister wants to take my son

my sister wants to take my son for a till next sat. to VA. i have never been that far away from him. I am kinda scared to let him go. Would you let your 3 and a half year old go or no??

ljmommy1211

Asked by ljmommy1211 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• When my son was 3 my dad wanted to take him for a month for visitation. I agreed to three weeks. I believe that spending time with family is important and that people dont realize it much like they used to. BUT thats just me and I am perfectly comfortable with my son spending weeks with dad.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 11:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would say no until you feel more comfortable with it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• 7 hours? No...not at that age.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• No way not that far i have a hard time leaving my DD with my mom 30 minutes away if there is an emergency there would be no way to get to him in time
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 8:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it if it is a safe place that you are going to and you trust your sister, but honestly I don't think I could let my child leave me for that long at that age.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't have any siblings to compare what a trusting sibling relationship is like, but the only person I would trust to take my son that far away for that long is my mother. Actually, she's the only person I'd trust to take my son ANYWHERE for ANY length of time. But for a trip like that, trust wouldn't be the issue. I'd just feel like it's too long for him to be without me at that age. I'd just want my son with me!
    Anonymous

• if you trust your sis then yes!! thats enjoy your break
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• How far away will be be from you?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Why would your sister take your son out of state without you?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• about 7 hours. Because her son who is 4 wants to spend time with him and they normally dont get to see each other. She was going to leave her son with me but he needs his meds which she couldnt get for a week why he is here.
    ljmommy1211

Comment by ljmommy1211 (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011