A question about diapers

my son is peeing through his diapers, they are pampers baby dry size 4. and i already know im getting some pampers extra protection diapers for at night. has anyone else had this problem during the daytime???? and with pampers? i usually love papmers cant stand huggies so this is shocking. i have heard if its not holding enough hen its time to move to the next size up how however i think they would be big on him he isnt even 31 lbs yet. im not sure what to do but i know these diapers are NOT working.

tylersmommy54

Asked by tylersmommy54 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Don't pay attention to the sizing on the packages. Get a small pack, not a box, of the next size up and see if they work. If not, try other brands.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We almost NEVER paid much attention to the weight on the Pampers. When our kids starting peeing through X size we moved up to the next. Sometimes the fasteners would overlap at the belly button, but not for long. In hindsight now, it seemed like peeing through the diaper was one more indication of a growth spurt.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i use luvs which works great in my opinion and i think cheaper than pampers...once my daughter started leeking thru thoes i went up a size and had no problems
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• May I recommend cloth? I've never had more leaks than when we used disposables. Cloth is cute, easy, effective and it saves money!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i just looked at a few i have of the next size up and they seem HUGE im gonna give em a try though
    tylersmommy54

Comment by tylersmommy54 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• a size 4 and 5 aren't much different in size.. it's more about how much it holds.. for those sizes at least.. because the waist area doesn't change much (it's more their height that changes, thus helps add the weight).

however it may be that you just need to change more frequently, the older they get, the more they pee, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We had better luck with the cruizers instead of the baby dry they hold more and they just seem to work better.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 11:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'm not a fan of the Baby Dry, my son leaked through them all of the time! We use Cruizers and haven't had a problem with them yet!
    supermama86

Answer by supermama86 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2011