Committment?

If you have been dating your BF for over 3 years. And you still don't live together, and you want to live together....And he's saying it's for financial reasons...And your about 50% percent sure that it is....should you give up on it?...I've already given a deadline...and he never met it!!!...........

Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• As an adult, I wouldn't have dated someone for more than 3 years without being married. I know that's what I want and if a guy couldn't have given me a firm commitment on when that was going to happen, I would have moved on. I had dated my husband for 2 years when we married.

Answer by missanc at 8:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think it depends on how old you are, if your 20 or so that may be ok, but if your any older than that if by a year I couldnt look at my relationship and know it was leading to a committed relationship or marriage that would be my time to walk away, if he doesnt want the commitment and you do, its time to move on, dont waste your time when you could be missing out on someone else.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I agree with the above posts. he should know by now if he want's to MARRY you and if he can't commit then it's time to leave. he needs to shit or get off the pot
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 8:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• after 3 years if he hasn't made the move, he's not going to..
    to him, or at a comfortable place and he feels no need to move forward.. most men in this stance are doing it because they are either waiting for something better to come along, but want to keep you there until it happens, or just have no desire to marry or move into a committed relationship period.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• actually it would be better money wise for both of you to live together, it really sounds like he isn't ready to commit to you
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 11:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• it could be totally different reasons. i've been with my BF for almost 3 years... unofficially (as FWB)= its been 3. but dating, it'll be 3 years in Jan... we are SO not ready to move in. i'm scared shittless about it and he'd like to be able to support us on just HIS checks (never gonna happen- but until he realizes that, i just save my money lol... he's just NOW starting college @ 25.. i already graduated). we were somewhat talkig about moving in, but then we got into a HUGE fight (the second one in our 2.5 year relationship) and with that, he feels our relationship is still new. i disagree, but i can respect it... just like he can respect that while he's never hit a girl since he was 8 (and it was his sister, who kicked him in the man-junk), i still have a fear of being abused. talk with him- and if you dont like his answer, or lack thereof, at least you can say you attempted to see/understnad his POV.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 1:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011