It isnt fair !!!

I am mad.

On a weekend we got a new 8 week old lab puppy ( we have an older choclate lab also) ... since it was the weekend we were going to go that Monday to get her tags and such 9 the place to get them is closed on the weekends) ...

That Sunday we were playing out in our yard when the puppy took off after a butterfly ( it was actually funny watching her trying to catch it lol ) ... of course the exact moment she went on the sidewalk a cop was on our street ....

We got 2 tickets and on Friday we went to court ... we tried to explain that we realize the law is made to protect people, but we said we had just gotten her and was unable to get her tags, and just tried to explain what had happened ( about the butterfly) ...... but of course it was no use... not only do we have to pay almost $400 in fines, but if she gets "caught" again my husband and I could go to jail...

Ok, now usually i am all for law enforcment and i could of even paid the fines without being this mad, BUT ... right before we went in front of the judge a woman who was drinking and driving with her young child in the car with her...got a measily $50 fine and a warning.... and she even had a previous drug charge !!!

How in the world is a puppy chasing a butterfly more dangerous and more of a crime than this idiot parent who drinks and does drugs around her little kid???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pets

• Ahhhh gotta love the justice system. It was created by a man sweety it rarely has any logic.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That is nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 8:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Wow! thats BS and i know labs are not going to hurt anyone anyway.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life. I'm so sorry you are having to go through all that. But I'm also very glad to know our legal system is protecting my family from the evil puppies who chase butterflies while giving drunk drivers who endanger the welfare of their own children a slap on the wrist.

America-gotta love our mixed up priorities, don't ya?
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• That is crazy. Can you appeal something like that?

That makes me mad and I'm not the one dishing out the money!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I NEVER let our dogs out in the yard ... not even now that they have tags,as there IS a leash law and there ARE cars on the road that could hit them. I know the fine is steep, but it was unwise to let your puppy run free in the yard, REALLY. It is not safe and it is against the law.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• the reason the dog was in the yard was becauase we were all out in the yard with her... we had just got her, and was trying to let her pee and play for a mintue before we took her in the house...

and I dont mean that we shouldnt have gotten in trouble, because i guess we did break the law... it was the point that we got in more trouble for it than a drunkin druggie.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• OMG!!!!!! I can see why ur.pissed where do u live that is just insanity!!!!!
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Completely unfair.!!!.........................but please keep your sweet puppy on a leash. Thank goodness it did not dart out in front of a car.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 10:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• wow! ((((Hugs)))) that is really crazy! I would be upset too!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 1:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2011