Would you call CPS ?

I hear the neighbor kids ( they are both under 5) screaming everyday ...

I hear them throwing atleast 3 fits a day ...

as soon as the dad gets home at night, I hear him yelling too.

it is annoying, the little girl screams at the top of her lungs !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• No...they are just yelling. If someone is calling for help, that is another story.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Do you ever See the kiDs? Are they clean and dressed in clothes?
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• No. You don't actually know what is going on in their house. They could be having a dispute because the little girl won't eat her dinner. THat happens! YOU NOSEY NEIGHBORS ANNOY THE HELL OUTTA ME!! Instead of considering the fact that kids throw temper tantrum you always assume the worst is happening to them. Until you see any evidence that there is physical abuse going on, STAY THE HELL OUT OF IT! PLEASE! My dd is always throwing temper tantrums and it isn't because we are beating her it's because she is 4 and that's what little kids do. They throw temper tantrums.
    Anonymous

• I think when you NEED to call cps you'll know, it won't even be a question.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• For yelling, and fits? NO!
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Unless you actually hear someone being hurt, hit, abused, I would not call. Chances are they are just handling things poorly, but not abusing their children. My daughter pitches fits all the time and is not abused. She's loud, obnoxious, defiant and strong willed...and none of it came from abuse. Sometimes our voices are raised when dealing with her, and yet she's not abused. I do hope that there is nothing going on with your neighbor, as that would be awful. But involving social services because a child is pitching a fit is not fair. All kids are different and again, they may not have great parenting skills, but it doesn't automatically mean they are harming their kids.

Anonymous

• Nope..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It's people like you that make it hard for us to discipline our children. If we yell at them it sounds like abuse, if we spank them it IS abuse. So how the hell are we supposed to discipline our kids if people like you call CPS for every single thing that doesn't sound like a happy-go-lucky family? I'm sorry if life isn't perfect for some people as it is for you but welcome to the real world! :)
    Anonymous

• No, but if it continues I might call the non-emergency number to the police station. I'm sorry, but it's not normal for constant yelling coming out of a home. If the police investigate and there are signs of abuse then they can call CPS. I completely understand about having neighbors who have no idea how to keep the noise levels down. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You have to be kidding, right?

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 8:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011