Has anyone been in the situation where they felt they had to do what best for their child???

i had my son a year ago from my so called high school sweetheart. and he has done nothing to prove he is a reliable father or provider for my son.

we met about 8 years ago and its as if its the same when we were in high school. he wants to still run the streets hang out with friends and run from responsible.

i went thru alot with him forgave him for cheating betraying me and much more...
at one point he was verbally and mentally abusing me by falsely excusing me of cheating with other men.

when i got pregnant. he promised me the world. but obviously that didnt happen. luckily i still continued to work while i was pregnant and continued to go to college.... he helped me with nothing as far as preparing for the baby.

he always had an excuse.

now my son is a year old. and i am a college graduate. working a job. and trying to begin my masters in a few months. i have been taking care of my son myself so far. with little to no help from his dad.

he gives what he wants when he wants. its really sad. he doesn't care. he blames me for everything. i don't understand him. he complains about buying diapers and so on. he did not buy our son a gift for xmas or his 1st birthday :(

he says i think i am better than him because i am a college grad with a job..... with everything i accomplish he finds a way to rub it in my face and try to make me feel bad.....

i ask him for something for our son. and supposedly he doesnt have it. but he has new shoes new clothes SMH.

basically i have to abide by his rules and regulations. and be controlled by him to supposedly support our son SMH.

it hurts that he does me like this. but most of all our son.... but i feel its fine because one day god will deal with him....

i am just going to work and support my son myself....

i decided to change my number.... because whenever he calls he starts an argument. he lies.... and most of all he makes threats SMH...
and he doesnt even respond to the child support notices......

but i feel GOD will deal with him one day.. because he is living a fast life that only lands you in two places the graveyard or jail....

i know it will be a challenge but i think i can do this.... i have my own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, I have had to put my child first. It's not always easy, but yes, sometimes you have to do it. And honestly, I think a lot of the time, you'll find that doing what's best for your child makes you happier and is best for you, too.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You can make it happen if you want it to. You just have to want it for all the right reasons. I'd lose all contact with the sperm donor. Move on with your life and take care of that child. No luck needed, only determination.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• better off with no father (like this)
    than a father like this showing up every few months

cut ties, and do on your own, much better for child to have no dad than a dad who shows up just when child was used to not having one around, then only to be gone for more months on end
    way confusing for a child, and your still young as to not have gotten used to him yet

mine is almost 4, and the "dad" shows up every few months, just when she is getting used to not having him around, he shows to ease guilt (gives no money of course) and then disappears for a few more months
    she has to go through this over and over - i think better if he was no around ever

good for you, you have it together, hopefully he will leave you both alone
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yep he sounds like way to much harm for the little amount of help he provides! You have a good attitude there towards the end of your post. Keep at it mama!!!! When you son is older he will appreciate what you did to provide a happy life for him!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 9:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Sounds like you have your head on straight and he does not. Sounds like you want what is best for your child and want him raised properly, and he does not. I say change that number and if he gets interested in being a father for real...visiting him, supporting him, raising the bar for HIMSELF...then HE can find YOU and try to convince YOU that he is worth it rather than you going to him.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011